Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 1 - Off on our Excellent Multinational Adventure

Kuala Lumpur

As Kathryn is currently asleep, it means I can write whatever I want in the blog and she won't discover it for some time. I've therefore made an executive decision and decided to fashion my blog post titles on the style recently adopted by the Egyptian Military - which means this post is to be known as "Communique Number 1". This won't last long ..... I suspect I have a about 24 hours or so before I'm forced to be slightly more creative with my titles.

At this early stage there's not much to report - we're waiting for our flight from KL to Jo'burg (about 2 hours to go now), after a strangely stress free day or so - the last 7 weeks of continuous downsizing - from farm to cottage to hotel room to suitcases - has worked in our favour, if we had done it in one step I shudder to think what condition we'd be in right now.

My inability to sleep on planes or in airports means I'm looking for something to do while K snoozes on the lounge in the "Satay Club" at KLIA - which is why I'm updating the blog even though we've barely started the trip. Before she passed out though, she did inform me that the weather in Jo'Burg will be about 22 degrees for the next couple of days, and Maputo after that will be in the 30's - a much more productive use of time and free wireless internet than this piece of drivel.

Hopefully there'll be something more exciting to report in the next post - consider this one just my way of blowing out the old blogging cobwebs. I've started a new map (maybe you've noticed?), and now I'll spend some time figuring out how to get ads onto the blog (which Google calls "monetizing") - though at about 0.01 cents per click, I'm not sure whether the potential annoyance factor will offset the riches that await .......

No comments: